Welcome to farmcashadvance.com (the “Website”), administered by the Alberta Wheat Commission (“AWC”, also referred to herein as “we”, “us” or “our”).
All information about an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”) collected by AWC is governed by the Personal Information Protection Act. Personal Information is data that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. Personal Information does not generally include business names and business contact information used in a commercial context.
3. CONSENT TO COLLECTION OF DATA
4. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
AWC may collection Personal Information from you including, but not limited to the following:
- Contact information, such as full name, email address, telephone number and mailing address
- Usernames and passwords
- Banking and other information as required for the purpose of direct depositing a future advance.
- Demographic information including age, images and videos
- Information you provide when you contact us, provide feedback, make a complaint or other inquiry
- Credit score and related information to assess your eligibility for a Farm Cash advance payment; and
- Passive technical data. (see the Cookies and Technical Data section below for more information)
Eligibility under for a Farm Cash advance payment requires applicants to be of the minimum age of 18 years. To our knowledge we do not collect information online from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have information about your child, please contact us using the information provided below in the Contact Us section.
5. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
Generally, we only collect Personal Information when you provide it to us, through registration, completion of forms or e-mails, as part of an application for a Farm Cash advance payment or inquiries regarding the Farm Cash Advanced Payments Program in which you have chosen to provide the information to us. We may also collect Personal Information about you from authorized third parties as part of your application for a Farm Cash advance payment. We may also collect data about you that is publicly available in online directories or other websites.
We also collect information from you passively. When you visit our website, AWC passively collects technical data (see Cookies and Technical Data section below). This data could possibly lead to your identification if combined with other information that would identify you, but we do not use it to do so. We may use the data from time to time for statistical purposes, but maintain the anonymity of each individual user so that the person cannot be identified. Aggregated, statistical or de-identified data is not personal data. (see the Cookies and Technical Data section below for more information).
You can use this Website without disclosing your Personal Information, excepting passive information noted above. You are not required to provide Personal Information as a condition of using our website, except as may be necessary to provide you a product or service at your request. If you do not want your personal information collected, do not provide it to us.
You may access, update or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information in our records in the following ways:
- By contacting us using the information provided below in the Contact Us section.
6. HOW DOES AWC USE PERSONAL DATA?
The data we collect will be used primarily for purposes of determining your eligibility for a Farm Cash advance payment, as required for the operation of this Website, or as required and permitted by law. Additional uses may include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and managing your user account;
- Informing you about our other AWC programs and resources;
- Meet our obligations required by applicable laws, i.e. reporting to the Government of Canada and the AAFC;
- Analyze the accuracy and effectiveness or our website and Services, including administer, troubleshoot and enhance the website and Services;
- Analyze data, identify trends and issues and create statistical reports for industry use and interpretation;
- Test and analyze our website for efficacy, safety and enhancements
- Establish and maintain our business relationship with you; and
- Responding to inquiries, complaints and other communications.
7. DOES AWC SHARE OR DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA?
AWC may share and disclose personal and technical data as required or permitted in the following circumstances:
- With third parties who perform services on our behalf, including but not limited to website hosting and data storage service providers.
- To protect us. For example, we may disclose information if we suspect fraud. We may also share information as part of an investigation. We may also disclose personal information to assist in collecting a debt owed by you.
- To protect you. We may inform you or the authorities if we suspect your personal information has been obtained forcefully, or passively by third parties without authority or as permitted by your consent herein;
- When required by law, such as to respond to court orders or other legal processes;
- To meet our obligations to the Government of Canada and the AAFC; and
- At your direction. For example, if you ask us to provide your information to a third-party for consideration of your application for a Farm Cash advance, or to facilitate the resolution of a dispute.
8. WHERE IS DATA STORED
The Website user database and its contents may be stored or processed on servers located in other jurisdictions, including, but not limited to those within Canada but outside of the Province of Alberta, or foreign jurisdictions such as the United States and Europe, whose data protection laws may differ from those applicable in Canada.
Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require the data processor in that country to maintain protections on the data that are equivalent to those that apply in the country in which you live.
9. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
AWC uses technical and organizational security precautions to protect your data from manipulation, loss, destruction or unauthorized access, use, disclosure or alteration. Third parties that process personal data on our behalf are contractually obligated to safeguard data and only use the data provided to them for the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement. Our security procedures are continuously revised based on new technological developments.
While we use industry standard means to protect our Website and your Personal Information, the Internet is not 100% secure. The measures we use are appropriate for the type of Personal Information we collect. We cannot promise that your use of our Website will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. Online access to your personal information is protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not share your password.
10. COOKIES AND TECHNICAL DATA
Like many websites, AWC automatically collects technical data when you visit and use our website.
- Persistent cookies: may be used if you log on to password protected areas of our Website to remember who you are. No personal data is stored on your computer.
- Session cookies: may be used for anonymous identification of a website visit for technical purposes only. Session cookies are stored only temporarily during the browsing sessions and are deleted once the browser is closed.
Most browsers are set-up to accept these cookies automatically. In addition, you can deactivate the storing of cookies or adjust your browser to inform you before the cookie is stored on your computer.
IP Addresses: We may collect your IP address when you visit the to help us diagnose problems with our main computers, to administer the , to report aggregated information, to assist in marketing practices and to audit the use of our . We do not normally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. In limited circumstances, we may use IP addresses to help us identify you when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the Farm Cash Advance Payment Program, or to protect us, our services, our , our users or others related parties.
Analytics: AWC uses third party analytics service providers, such as Google and Adobe and others, to help better understand how visitors use our website. These technologies may record information such as how often you visit our website, which pages and features you frequent, aggregated use and performance data. This data may be aggregated and analyzed to help AWC provide you with a better online experience.
11. YOUR PRIVACY OPTIONS
Registered users can update their information at the My Account section of our Website. If you are not a registered user, you can email at the address noted in the Contact Us section below.
You can change your preferences to not receive marketing communications from us by following the links to unsubscribe in the bottom of an email we send you, or by emailing us at the address noted in the Contact Us section below. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still contact you for purposes related to the administration of your application for or receipt of a Farm Cash advance payment.
12. CONTACT US
Alberta Wheat Commission
#200, 6815-8th Street NE
Effective Date: January 1, 2019
Last Revision Date: March 28, 2019