Is FarmCash available to producers across Canada?
FarmCash is available to agricultural producers of over 50 commodities in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
What is the current interest rate?
Producers can apply for up to $1 million and receive the first $250,000 interest-free with the remainder at TD prime minus 0.75%.
How long will it take to process my application?
FarmCash will process your application within three to five business days after receiving your completed application and required documents. Yes, it is that fast!
When can I apply for the advance?
Producers can apply for an advance throughout the program year, with new program years beginning in April of each year.
How can I check my account balance?
Simply call FarmCash at 1-855-376-2274 or email email@example.com to check your FarmCash balance.
Which commodities does FarmCash offer advances for?
FarmCash provides advances on over 50 commodities including all major crops, livestock and honey. View our complete list of commodities.
How do I apply?
FarmCash has three easy ways to apply for an advance:
- Online: Securely manage, store & complete your application from any internet enabled device. Once you’re ready, simply click ‘SUBMIT’.
- Download, print and complete your application and send it back through email to FarmCash@albertawheat.com, or fax to 403-717-1966. An account manager will follow up with you within three to five business days of receiving it.
- Call a FarmCash account manager at 1-855-376-2274.
Do I need to submit Proof of Sale?
Proof of sale documentation for repayments made directly to FarmCash must be provided by the end of the production period. Proof of sale documentation is required in all circumstances, except as noted below for crops.
Proof of sale documentation is required in all circumstances, except as noted below for crops.
- Repayments without proof of sale in excess of the greater of $10,000 or 10% of the total amount of the advance will be charged an interest penalty at the TD Prime rate less 0.25%.
- For advances on crops, proof of sale documentation is not required for repayments made from the beginning of the production period to January 31, 2023.
- Refer to Section 3.0 of the Terms and Conditions for further details.
Who can I contact if I need help?
To speak with a friendly and knowledgeable FarmCash account manager, call 1-855-376-2274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will FarmCash send me my advance?
Choose to receive your advance by cheque (via Canada Post) or direct deposit, providing you have shared the required banking information with FarmCash.
How do I repay my advance?
FarmCash makes it quick and easy to repay your advance. There are multiple repayment options including but not limited to Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), by cheque, and through authorized grain dealers. Call a FarmCash account manager at 1-855-376-2274 to learn more or to walk you through the steps to repay your advance.
What is the repayment period?
- Producers are required to repay their advance as they sell the commodities listed on their advance.
- Repayment is required within 30 calendar days of receipt of payment or within 60 calendar days of delivery to a buyer, whichever is earlier.
- Repayments submitted outside of those deadlines may be subject to an interest penalty.
- Minimum repayment is calculated by multiplying the Advance Rate in effect at time of issuance by the number of units sold.
- Advances on major crops and honey must be repaid in full by the September 30 end of the 18-month program year.
- Advances on cattle must be repaid in full by the March 31 end of the 24-month program year.